Thursday, April 5, 2007

I no speaka English Senior


Hello folks,

It's been a while since I've posted anything since I've been out of town... working. I hate work, but that's not what today's post is about. No, today I came across an article about Newt Gingrich drawing some negative press about using the word "Ghetto" in an interview regarding the learning of American language. You can read the article here

-- bilingual education should be replaced with immersion in English "so people learn the common language of the country and they learn the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto."--
Damn straight. Unfortunately Newt is a politician so he had to backtrack a little in order not to loose votes. But I don't have to worry about that, so let me say what old Newt can't.

Folks, if you live in the USA you'd better learn English. It's simply idiotic to think that a whole county is going to change their ways for little old you. Why should Joe Taxpayer pay for multi language classes, special programs and reprint all my documents into your native language? Why should my children be required to learn a different language to communicate with you? You are the visitor in MY country, you need to communicate with me, not the other way around.

To take this a bit further, when it comes to ILLEGAL immigrants into the country, not only do I not care about you, I don't want you in my country, get the hell out! I don't want to spend millions on your medical care, your education, I don't want to see your national flag flying out of your window. If I did, I'd move to your country (where I'd do my best to learn your native language)

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against imigrants. America welcomes you, as long as you come in legally, obey the laws of the country and do your best to fit in, instead of forcing others to bend to your wishes.

Pretending you're Christopher Columbus and have just landed in the New World; announcing that you have claimed this land as your country... NOT tomland approved.

No comments: